I made one of those stockings for our niece when she was born. I liked it so much that I made two more for Klaus and I. The one on the bottom image has a real fur collar. The fur was recycled from an old coat.
It takes only about two hours to sew a beautiful stocking as seen above. Use it for yourself or fill it with a gift and give it to a loved one.
20″ by 24″ of fabric for stocking
20″ by 24″ of fabric for lining
2 pieces of 3-3/4″ by 8″ of Santa uniform fur
12″ of ribbon
- Click here to download the PDF file of the stocking pattern or use your own.
- Fold the fabric, right side in, together. Lay the stocking pattern onto the fabric and cut it out.
- Repeat this step with the lining.
- Lay 1 piece of the stocking fabric and 1 piece of lining, right side in, on top of each other. Sew along the top.
- Repeat with the other 2 pieces.
- Open the halfs and lay them flat. Snug to the top seem, lay the fur on top. Sew along the top.
- Repeat on other half.
- Lay both half, right side in, on top of each other. Include the ribbon. Pin down the pieces. Sew along the outside of stocking and lining. Keep the bottom part of the lining open.
- Trim off extra fur.
- Turn stocking inside out. Zick-zack the bottom opening close.
- Turn lining into the stocking.